Sunday, October 18, 2009

Fiery Darts of the Cheese Fries!

Tymothie (9) and Juliannah (8) are in a peewee league for football. Tym is playing football, and Juliannah is a cheerleader. It has been so much fun… except for the cheese fries. Those things are sneaky!
I go to a ball game, I'm sitting minding my own business, cheering for my kids, and suddenly it happens… I smell em! Sure enough, a person in front of me has just gotten a huge gooey pile of super yummy cheesy goodness. The smell wafts up to my nostrils and does a delicate dance of tantalizing temptation! I WANT SOME CHEESE FRIES!
I knew it was going to happen. I knew this smell of cheese fries was going to throw its fiery darts at my tummy and tempt me to eat them. This time I have a plan. I loaded up on snacks, low calorie snacks, to take to the ball game with me… I knew that if I had something on my stomach it would give me the power I needed to withstand the fiery darts of the cheese fries.
God tells us in Ephesians 6:16
In addition to all these, take the Christian faith as your shield. With it you can put out all the flaming arrows of the evil one.
We need to use the Shield of Faith to protect us from the fiery darts of the enemy. If we are reading His word, and spending time with him in prayer, we will be better prepared. It might even help us avoid cheese fries.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...