Friday, October 7, 2011

31 Days of DaNella's Brain... Microbursts! Day 7 (4 for me cause I started late)


Satan is such a goof ball!!!!

I recently embarked on a huge adventure for me. I committed to fast part of my day for 47 days.

Now you have to understand, I could NEVER be mistaken for an anorexic, I love my food. This was not an easy commitment for me, but I felt it was an important step in my growth with God.

Three days into my fast, satan started throwing everything including the kitchen sink at me.

A mysterious charge appeared on my checking account, and the company listed, “no longer exists”. Our bank can reverse it, but it will take 10 days. In the mean time, we racked up a couple of hundred dollars in overdraft fees.

I delivered some food for my church and nearly ran out of gas. We are out of sugar, bread, butter, even out of trash bags!

Q’s steel toe boots bit my little toe. You should see it, it turned all kinds of pretty red, black and purple colors. Then his tool box reached out and bit me. On top of all that, I fell off a stoop, not even a stair, a little 5 in step, and bruised my bottom.

However, God blessed us with a full tank of gas that we didn’t have to pay for, and our church was kind enough to give us the money to fix our checking account.

I have a few war wounds, but nothing permanent. Has it affected my commitment to fast? You bet it has; now I am more determined than ever, because satan is a goofball. He can throw everything he wants to at me I’ll never give up on God!

I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God's love which Christ Jesus our Lord shows us. We can't be separated by death or life, by angels or rulers, by anything in the present or anything in the future, by forces or powers in the world above or in the world below, or by anything else in creation.

Romans 8:38-39


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...